Next Course: May 17-19th 2010.
In this course you will learn to efficiently and effectively apply the Hibernate Persistence Framework in a variety of applications contexts.
You will acquire a solid foundation of knowledge and learn special tips and tricks to acceleration your development projects.
We will cover all of the core concepts, and we will dig into some advanced material too.
The presentations will be dovetailed in with lots of practical exercises so that you can immediately apply and solidify your new knowledge.
This is full three days hands on – get stuff done event.
- Introduction to Hibernate
- Why Hibernate – contrasting it with the options
- Key Concepts of ORM
- Setting Up a Dev Environment and Configuring a Session Factory
- A Quick Start –building your first Hibernate application
- Understanding the Hibernate Session Context
- The Hibernate Tools – satisfying your need for development speeeeeeed
- Domain Driven Development using Hibernate
- Reverse Engineering an existing Database into Hibernate
- Mapping Strategies
- Mapping Collections
- Lazy Loading - what, why, and how
- Unraveling the mysteries of Inverse=”true”
- Using HQL
- Using the Criteria API
- Applying Cascade Rules
- Cascade Delete and Delete Orphans
- Advanced Criteria constructs
- High Performance Mapping Strategies
- Level 1 and Level 2 Caching
- Creating and Applying Filters
- Creating and Leveraging Event Listeners
- Direct SQL, Result Set transformers, and non-mapped entities
- Using Hibernate in Web Applications – how to manage the session(s) and avoid lazy loading exceptions
- Working effectively with Detached Objects
- XML-Relational Persistence
- Accessing the Hibernate Metadata
- Intro to Full Text Search with Hibernate Search and Lucene
- Multi-Tenant deployments
- Next Steps - discussion
Bonus: All participants will receive a free copy of the Java Persistence with Hibernate book, published by Manning.
We’ve been developing Java applications, and Java based web Applications for over 10 years. We have a supper strong emphasis on Relational Database backed systems and building high performance Web Applications in using Hibernate.
Although this course is delivered using the Java version of Hibernate, all the concepts and examples are completely applicable when using NHibernate.
We have been using Hibernate for 7 years, and have built numerous Hibernate based applications. In addition we have built our own Web Application Framework to leverage it more effectively. We’ve also mastered the complexities in applying Hibernate in SAAS and Multi-tenant deployments.
We are the authors of the Tagger Cat Java Web Framework, and of the System Requirements web site; a SAAS deployed Requirements Analysis and Management application.
Dates: May 17-19th, 2010, 8:30 - 4:30
Discounts: Company Team 15%. Non Profit 40%.
Parking: On Campus Parking is provided. Please keep your parking passes for validation.
Other: Everyone is required to bring their own notebook computer; we will install all required software on Day 1.
Location: SAIT Main Campus, 1301 16th Ave NW Calgary, Alberta, CANADA T2M 0L4
Room: MA 124, Heritage Hall
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
If you must cancel for any reason, then you must notify us in writing by May 10, 2010, for a refund less a $50 processing fee. Cancellations received after May 10, 2010 are non-refundable.
You may transfer your registration to another person by May 10, 2010 by providing authorization to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmed and paid attendees who do not attend or who cancel after the deadline are liable for the entire fee. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the course, the liability of System Dynamics Inc. is limited to the return of paid registration fees.
Hours: 8:30 - 4:30 MST