JAVA J2ee Training
Next Course: Sept. 13-15th 2010.
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of developing Java Based Web Applications.
You will acquire a solid foundation of knowledge in JSP, Servlets, and Web Application deployments.
The presentations will be dovetailed in with lots of practical exercises so that you can immediately apply and solidify your new knowledge.
This is full three days hands on – get stuff done event.
- Introduction to JSP, and J2EE Web Application
- Why JSP – contrasting it with the options and where this technology fits in
- Key Concepts of Templating, and Scoped Objects
- Setting Up a Dev Environment and Configuring Web Applications
- A Quick Start –building your first JSP application
- Introducing JSTL - the Java Standard Template Library
- Re-useable components
- Caching and performance considerations
- Database access with JSTL
- Applying updates - integration with Hibernate
- Application and Access logging
- Using Servlet Filters
- Managing the URLs and page redirects
- Introducing the Tagger Cat Framework
- Understanding Domain Driven Development
- The significance of Metadata driven development
- Leveraging Declarative Business Logic
- Your first Tagger Cat Application in 20 minutes or less
- Extending your application
- High Performance Deployment Options and Requirements
- Efficiently Managing State
- Next Steps
We’ve been involved with developing Java applications, and Java based web Applications for over 10 years. We have a supper strong emphasis on Relational Database backed systems and building high performance Web Applications in using Hibernate.
We have been using Hibernate for 7 years, and have built numerous Hibernate based applications. In addition we have built our own Web Application Framework to leverage it more effectively. We’ve also mastered the complexities in applying Hibernate in SAAS and Multi-tenant deployments.
We are the authors of the Tagger Cat Java Web Framework, and of the System Requirements web site: a SAAS deployed Requirements Analysis and Management application.
Dates: Sept. 13-15th, 2010, 8:30 - 4:30
Discounts: A 15% discount apply's when multiple people from the same organization attend.
Parking: On Campus Parking is provided. Please keep your parking passes for validation.
Other: Everyone is required to bring their own notebook computer; we will install all required software on Day 1.
Location: SAIT Campus, NW Calgary AB
View SAIT in a larger map
Hours: 8:30 - 4:30 MST